Vegetable Filo Pie50 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Delicious, easy to make. Great for using up left over filo pastry, feta cheese and vegetables. Serve with salad. ” - by Anne Buchanan
Original recipe yields 8 to 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish with olive oil.
- Place vegetables in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine egg, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, feta cheese and melted butter. Stir in salt, pepper, dill and onion powder. Fold steamed vegetables into egg mixture.
- Lay 4 sheets phyllo dough in the prepared dish and brush with olive oil. Lay 4 more sheets of dough in the dish, so that the edges overlap in the pan but most of the dough extends beyond the sides of the dish.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into dish and fold dough across the top. Brush with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 192 cal
- 9.3 g
- 21.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (50)Rate This Recipe
"WoW... This dish was delicious. I marinated the vegetables for about 30min in sweet onion vinaigrette, and I think this is what made it so mouth watering. I will definitely make this again, and sug..." See moregest it to all. I also used fresh dill, which added extra flavour. "
"Yummy! I used zucchini, yellow squash, onions, and mushrooms, which blended really well with the cheese. Makes a great sack lunch item too......" See more"
"Be sure to thaw the filo before preparing the vegetables. I use almost twice as many veggies- spinach, zuchhini, brocoli, peppers, onion, leeks etc to make it more filling. Be sure to add spices you..." See more like- I use about 3 times as much dill and add basil and onion powder. Since I use more veggies I make more egg/cheese mixture. My husband also loves this dish."
Easy Vegetable Pot Pie
Vegetable Shepherd's Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.