Tofu Quiche with Broccoli52 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“This is one of the best quiches I have eaten! It is also one of the easiest to make!” - by WhirledPeas
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake pie crust in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until golden. Stir in the cooked broccoli and heat through.
- In a blender combine tofu, soy milk, mustard, salt, nutmeg, ground red pepper, black pepper, parsley and Parmesan cheese; process until smooth. In a large bowl combine tofu mixture with broccoli mixture. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until quiche is set. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 337 cal
- 20 g
- 25.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (52)Rate This Recipe
"This is a great tofu recipe... especially if you are looking for something to make to change a tofu skeptic. I added more veggies - steamed cauliflower with the broccoli, sauteed mushrooms with the on..." See moreions, and added a diced roasted red pepper. I also added asiago cheese to the tofu mixture as well as sprinkling it on top. Since I don't really do pie crust (never comes out right and I don't like storebought) I did a crust with wholewheat couscous. It was easy and tasty(plus it has a lot less fat than pie crust). Mix cooked couscous (make sure it's pretty dry) with salt, parsley or other herbs, and a couple egg whites. Pat it into place like a graham-cracker crumb crust into an oiled or cooking-sprayed pie plate. Bake it for ten minutes at 350 before adding the quiche ingredients. Thanks for a fun, flexible recipe. Can't wait to try other "filling" combinations."
"This was easy and healthy, since I used a "crust" of frozen uncooked hash browns that I'd pre-baked for about 8 minutes. It went together smoothlyand without much fuss; even my skeptical fiance enjoye..." See mored it. The mustard and onions really work in this, and I added a little shredded cheddar on top for extra oomph."
Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche
Easy Broccoli Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.