Gourmet Cheese Potatoes42 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“Everyone wants the recipe for this very cheesy dish. It can also be made with dry stuffing sprinkled over the top before baking.” - by Donna J Smith
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop.
- Place potatoes and onions in a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- In a medium saucepan combine soup, milk, sour cream and processed cheese; heat until cheese is melted. Pour over potatoes. Dot with butter and covered with shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 382 cal
- 16.8 g
- 47.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (42)Rate This Recipe
"Tasty but did not blow my socks off. First, I used 10 med size potatoes and although I followed the recipe regarding the cheese/milk/soup mix, I only poured about 3/4 over all...I could tell that the..." See morere would be excess of sauce. Sure enough, when I served, I let it sit 10 minutes before serving hoping that the cheese would thicken, but it was still very runny. Now, I am a cheese lover...I mean cheese tops almost everything in our house, esspecially potatoes but after this cheesy meal, I have had my fill of cheese to last a week. IF I make again, I will use more potatoes (or larger ones), use 1 can of soup, half the milk, half the processed cheese and less sour cream."
"These were great! I used garlic & onion powders instead of the minced onion (just lazy that night) and sprinkled dried onion rings on the top. I didn't use quite as much sour cream & didn't measure ..." See morethe cheddar cheese (just sprinkled until the top was covered). It was even better warmed up a few nights later!!!"
"Incredibly delicious! Instead of placing the mixture into a baking dish and then into the oven, I put it in my large crock pot and keep it warm that way. It's great for potlucks & family gatherings ..." See moreand more "gourmet" than scalloped potatoes! It's always a hit wherever I bring it."
Cheese and Bacon Potato Rounds
Blue Cheese Potatoes Delmonico
Just swipe to see more like this.