Jamaican Jerk Chicken60 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 3 hr 20 min
“Hot, succulent Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a tropical treat. You'll love the heat and flavor of this fiery marinade.” - by Yardie
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place chicken in a medium bowl. Cover with lime juice and water. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, place allspice, nutmeg, salt, brown sugar, thyme, ginger, black pepper and vegetable oil. Blend well, then mix in onions, green onions, garlic and habanero peppers until almost smooth.
- Pour most of the blended marinade mixture into bowl with chicken, reserving a small amount to use as a basting sauce while cooking. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Brush grill grate with oil. Cook chicken slowly on the preheated grill. Turn frequently, basting often with remaining marinade mixture. Cook to desired doneness.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 221 cal
- 6.4 g
- 13.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (60)Rate This Recipe
"I found this recipe to be very good used in the crock pot. Instead of using the mixture as a marinade, just put it in the crock pot with either the chicken as indicated or with a good pork shoulder. ..." See more The flavors REALLY come out in the slow cooking process and gives a very aromatic and great tasting jerk flavor. Note though, I used one habanero pepper. If you really like it hot, add more, but know that you get the full effect from the pepper in the crock pot!"
"POOR TASTE; LONG TIME TO MAKE. VERY POOR COMPARED TO AUTHENTIC JAMAICAN CHICKEN...." See more"
Faux Jerk Chicken
Jay's Jerk Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.