Monterey Chicken71 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 3 hr
“Classic Monterey Chicken with sauteed onions, peppers and mushrooms. It's worth the extra time!!” - by Leigh
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- To Marinate: Place chicken in a nonporous glass dish or bowl. Pour marinade over chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cooked through and juices run clear. Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Saute onion, bell pepper and mushrooms for about 3 to 5 minutes. Add remaining 1/3 cup of marinade and simmer until soft. Drain and set onion mixture aside.
- Top baked chicken with bacon strips. Add onion mixture and top each breast with a slice of cheese. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 642 cal
- 37.5 g
- 27.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (71)Rate This Recipe
"I absolutely love to cook and do a lot of it, which is the one an only reason I consider myself an experienced cook. The problem with being an experienced cook, is that there don't seem to be many su..." See morerprises left, whether it be recipes I find, or even the restaurants my husband and I frequent. HOWEVER, this chicken dish, is truly one of the best I've ever eaten! The different ingredients flavored this dish beautifully and it is certainly elegant enough for a dinner party. Thank you Leigh; it's a winner at our house!"
"To make your own teriyaki marinade sauce, mix together 1 (6 oz) can of pineapple juice, 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar and 1/4 cup of soy sauce in a saucepan and cook until the sugar is dissolved. With..." See more wire whisk, whip in 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1 dash of celery salt (to taste); continue cooking until well mixed. Allow to cool before using."
"Very nice recipe, Leigh! I wasn't too sure at first as to how this combination of ingredients would fly, but as others have already said, all of the flavors complimented eachother and the results were..." See more delicious. I used a lot more cheese, and I had to use a red pepper instead of a green. Served with buttered egg noodles and lots of parm. Thank you."
Monterey Chicken Fajitas
Just swipe to see more like this.