Stuffed Mushrooms Casino34 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This appetizer is a combination of two of my favorites -- stuffed mushrooms and clams casino.” - by DEBNJAMES
Original recipe yields 24 stuffed mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Reserve and chop approximately 1/2. Arrange mushroom caps in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet so that the edges of the caps touch one another. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/2 cup butter. Place reserved, chopped mushroom stems in the pan, and slowly cook and stir until soft. Stir in the flour to coat mushroom stems. Mix in green onions, sherry, minced clams and 1/2 their reserved juice (discard remainder), garlic, bread crumbs, pepper, Italian-style seasoning and bacon bits. Continue cooking approximately 3 minutes, until all ingredients are well mixed. Remove from heat and stir in Romano cheese. Allow mixture to cool approximately 5 minutes.
- Fill the mushroom caps generously with the mixture. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly browned. Serve with lemon wedges.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 394 cal
- 27.7 g
- 15 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (34)Rate This Recipe
"I loved this recipe! I made these for a large group and it was the first time I made stuffed mushrooms in my life. Someone asked me what store I bought them from because they tasted too good to be ho..." See morememade??? Anyway, an important note for those going to make this. #1 - Use REAL bacon bits, NOT the crunchy bacon flavored salad toppings, because that is all I had and the bacon flavor was a little too strong that way. #2, the recipe takes a little more time than it says, but highly worth it - just give yourself some more time. #3 Also the recipe as listed says that it serves 8 by making 24 mushrooms. Increase this number, these are so good most of your guests will want to eat more than 3 each."
"I really liked this recipe but there are two changes I would make the next time. They seemed to take a longer time to cook in the oven so I finished them in the broiler. Next time I will use the broi..." See moreler at less time than the recipe calls for in the oven. It also needed mozzerella cheese added to the top before broiling. The filling was incredible!"
Dinah's Stuffed Mushrooms
Savory Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Just swipe to see more like this.