Stuffed Mushrooms with Spinach153 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Stuff large mushrooms with spinach, bacon and Parmesan cheese, and you have the perfect appetizer!” - by MOLSON7
Original recipe yields 12 mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Place frozen spinach in a medium saucepan with 1/4 cup water. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook spinach covered 10 minutes. Uncover and stir. Remove from heat and drain.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Arrange caps in the baking dish. Finely chop stems.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and mix in onion and garlic. Cook 5 minutes, or until tender, then mix in bacon, spinach, chopped mushroom stems and heavy cream. Bring cream to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Stuff mushroom caps generously with the mixture. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes until lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 163 cal
- 15.7 g
- 2.5 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (153)Rate This Recipe
"These were wonderful but I changed the recipe to reduce the amount of fat. First I did not add any butter in the 13x9 pan and it wasn't missed at all. Secondly I used olive oil to sautee the onions..." See more and garlic. I sprayed the mushrooms with butter flavored pam before cooking. I did as others suggested and cooked the mushrooms in the microwave for 5 minutes before stuffing to reduce the water content. I also used a melon ball scooper to remove the stems. It worked great! Finally, I used turkey bacon. I used skim milk and a little cream and they held together great. I sprinked parm. cheese on them right before baking. Best mushrooms ever! I promise you won't miss the fat!!"
"This was AWESOME!!!!! I did however, make a few changes to the directions, not the ingredients. Instead of large mushrooms I used regular mushrooms so that they were more of a "finger food". I also ma..." See morede the filling the night before so that it would cut down on the prep time for the next day. These were so yummy that my friend who doesn't usually eat mushrooms, wanted the recipe!!! A must for any gathering...."
"Excellent recipe! I made it verbatim the first time, but the second time I made them I was running short on time, so I cheated...I used a box of Stouffers frozen spinach souffle, and onced cooked and ..." See morecooled a bit, I mixed in a little minced onion and bacon...tasted EXACTLY the same with a 1/3 of the prep!"
Gary's Stuffed Mushrooms
Spinach and Potato Frittata
Just swipe to see more like this.