Stuffed Mushrooms with Swiss Cheese32 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“These are always a hit! Swiss cheese is a distinctive topping for mushrooms stuffed with a creamy mixture.” - by MOLSON7
Original recipe yields 12 mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Finely chop stems and set aside. Arrange caps hollow side up in the baking dish. Drizzle with 5 tablespoons melted butter, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the mushroom stems and onions, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Gradually blend in flour and heavy cream until smooth. Remove from heat. Mix in parsley.
- Generously stuff mushroom caps with the mixture. Top with Swiss cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 138 cal
- 13.7 g
- 2.5 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (32)Rate This Recipe
"I've made these several times, and they are always a big hit. I modify the recipe as follows: *For the onion I substitute green onions with tops. *I've substituted portobello mushrooms. (With so l..." See moreittle stem, I chop up and add some white or crimini mushrooms and add to the saute.) *I add a tablespoon or so of bread crumbs when I add the flour. *I don't add parsley (because of the green onion tops.) *I substitute gorgonzola for the swiss cheese!!! Enjoy!"
"My husband said they were better than the ones they make in the restaurant! 12 were not enough! I used portabella mushroom, because they have the most flavor. I didn't have parsley, so I didn't add..." See more it and it still came out very nice. I also took the advice from the other reviews and added 1 tbls bread crumbs and lots of garlic with the onion mixture. Next time I am going to experiment with adding parmesan cheese to the onion mixture. Thank you so much, this one is a definite keeper. "
Gary's Stuffed Mushrooms
Easy Mini Quiches
Just swipe to see more like this.