Roasted Garlic Bean Dip16 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This is a rich tasting bean dip or spread that uses nonfat sour cream. It's great on veggies, pita, crackers, tortillas or just on a spoon. To use dry navy beans, soak them 8 hours, or overnight, then simmer them in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover for approximately 45 minutes, until soft. Enjoy!” - by LGUROWITZ
Original recipe yields 2 cups
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Leaving the cloves intact, remove the outer skin from the garlic. Wrap heads in aluminum foil with 2 tablespoons olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Bake garlic approximately 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until the skins are easily removed.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir sweet onion with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil until soft and lightly browned.
- Remove garlic cloves from their skin, and place in a blender or food processor with the sweet onion, navy beans, cumin and nonfat sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste. Blend to desired consistency. Refrigerate until serving. Serve at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 91 cal
- 3.6 g
- 11.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for a pot luck at work and everyone enjoyed it. I saw people using it as a vegetable, tortilla and pretzel dip. Instead of sour cream I used some drained yogurt that I had on hand (I let..." See more the yogurt drain overnight in a cheesecloth). I was afraid that four heads of garlic might be a bit excessive, but it wasn't. I think it'd also be tasty in place of hummus on a sandwich."
"Whilo not a terrible dip, I thought it was a little boring. There are several other dips I'd make before this one...." See more"
Roasted Garlic Bread
Garlic Roasted Tomato Spread
Just swipe to see more like this.