Kim's Armadillo Eggs5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“These cheese stuffed jalapeno sausage biscuits are always a crowd pleaser. Have the recipe handy to pass out!” - by KIM JIMENEZ
Original recipe yields 16 biscuit wraps
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Slice jalapenos lengthwise to remove seeds. Stuff jalapenos with Cheddar cheese.
- Divide ground pork sausage into small balls. Press the sausage balls into thin strips. Place one stuffed jalapeno onto each strip of sausage. Roll the jalapenos in the sausage, pressing it firmly.
- Arrange wrapped jalapenos on a medium baking sheet. Bake 40 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until sausage is evenly brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool approximately 10 minutes.
- Arrange refrigerated biscuit dough on a medium baking sheet. Wrap one sausage and jalapeno roll in each piece of dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 288 cal
- 20.9 g
- 15.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"These were really tasty treats! I used cream cheese instead of cheddar. I used HOT sausage. They were excellant reheated for a quick snack the next day.My kids of course would not go near them. Make s..." See moreure that you have plenty to drink!"
"This recipe was delicious. I brought it to work for a Goodie Day and everyone loved it. I did use mild jalapenos so that even those who don't like spicy food could enjoy it. The only thing I had ..." See morea problem with is that I could only use a half jalapeno for each "egg," a whole jalapeno wouldn't get wrapped."
Egg and Sausage Casserole
Hash Brown and Egg Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.