Gianduja Chocolate Cheesecake5 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 45 min
“This is an unusual cheesecake that is absolutely wonderful. If you're going all out, track down real gianduja chocolate and mascarpone cheese. If that seems too expensive, then use semi-sweet chocolate and a good cream cheese, but don't forget the hazelnut liqueur! It's delicious and decadent. Serve in small pieces.” - by SMQ1404
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch springform pan
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C.) Butter a 9 inch springform pan. Lay one sheet of phyllo dough in the pan. Tuck it into the pan and let the edges overhang the rim. Brush with butter and layer a second sheet of phyllo. Butter this sheet. Continue until you have used all four sheets of phyllo. End with butter. Use as little butter as possible. Cover the phyllo-filled pan with a damp cloth.
- In the top of a double boiler, heat gianduia chocolate and unsweetened chocolate, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese until smooth. When no lumps remain, begin to beat in the sugar a little at a time. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time incorporating each yolk completely before adding the next. Finally beat in the melted and cooled chocolates and the liqueur.
- Beat the egg whites until they just get stiff. Do not over beat. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the cheese mixture, then quickly fold in the remaining whites until no streaks remain. Be careful not to deflate the whites as much as possible. Pour the filling into the phyllo-lined pan. Tuck the edges of the phyllo into the pan making a bit of a rim.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until filling is set. It will still seem a little loose in the center. When the cake appears done, turn off the oven, prop open the oven door with a wooden spoon and let the cake remain in the oven for another hour. Then place the cake in the refrigerator until completely chilled.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 452 cal
- 38.3 g
- 22.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"In my quest to find an atypical chocolate cheesecake, this was perfect! I made it exactly as stated, and made it again using another high quality bittersweet chocolate rather than Gianduj. The phyllo..." See more is a wonderful change. Knocked everyone's socks off."
"the batter tasted really good, but it was just ok once it cooled down. maybe because i used a heart shaped springform pan, i wished i didnt have phyllo on the side. ..." See more"
Chocolate Cheesecake II
Chocolate Cheesecake V
Just swipe to see more like this.