Rhubarb Cheesecake101 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“An exquisite cheesecake made with fresh rhubarb and finished with sour cream topping.” - by Barb
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup butter. Mix until crumbly and pat into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the chopped rhubarb, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon flour. Pour onto crust. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until creamy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Pour over hot rhubarb in the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until filling is set. Cover with sour cream topping while still hot.
- To make the sour cream topping: In a small bowl, combine 1 cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix well and spread on top of cake.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 387 cal
- 25.7 g
- 34.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (101)Rate This Recipe
"This is by far the best cheesecake I have ever made!! I used about 3/4 of a package of Pecan Sandies with 1/4 cup melted butter for the crust, baked that for about 7 minutes then followed the recipe ..." See moreexactly. I set the cake pan on a double layer of foil and wrapped it around the outside, that kept all the butter and/or rhubarb juices in the foil, not all over the oven! Then I baked it for 45 minutes at 350*, shut the oven off and left the cheesecake in for another 15 minutes. The whole family loves it and we will definitely make it again and again! Thanks for the great recipe!!"
"I tried three rhubarb recipes the day i made this...one cake, one pie and this cheesecake. This cheescake was the best of the 3 I made AND I brought all three creations to work and again this cheesec..." See moreake was rated the best of the three. I had to make probably 15 copies of this recipe to give out. It was SUPER easy to make. I had one minor problem....when I baked the rhubarb mixture for 15 minutes as directed, the liquid created by the rhubard leaked out of my sprinform pan and into my oven and that gooey stuff turned rock hard on the bottom of my oven. Oh well...the final result was sooooo fantastic, this little mess was well worth it and I'd do it again!!! Thanks!!!"
Chocolate Lover's Cheesecake
Just swipe to see more like this.