Strawberry Dream Cake II60 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 6 hr
“A recipe from my coworker, Debra. A delicious cake that is better the second day.” - by prissycat
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch layer cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9-inch round pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and gelatin mix. Make a well in the center and pour in 1 cup mashed strawberries, oil, milk and eggs. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Fold in the coconut and pecans. Pour cake batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting: Mash the 3/4 cup strawberries to make 1/2 cup, then drain well; set aside. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Blend in the confectioners' sugar and drained strawberries. Beat on medium speed until the frosting lightens and is well combined. Fold in the coconut and pecans.
- Frost cake between layers, on top and sides. Chill uncovered 30 minutes or until frosting sets, then cover and chill 4 to 6 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 786 cal
- 48.1 g
- 85 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (60)Rate This Recipe
"Fantastic Cake. Followed the directions to the tee for the cake. Superb! Be very careful however on draining the strawberries for the frosting. I did not drain them enough and my frosting was a soupy..." See more liquid. To compensate for this I took a small portion of the soupy liquid and added a lot of powdered sugar. In the end it was all good and was a very great cake. A perfect compliment to summertime. Family liked it. Will definately use this recipe often just being careful on the frosting."
"Wonderful!!! I will make this again and again and again, I made the cake to the T, however, I made my own version of the cream cheese frosting, I pureed the strawberries and put them in a coffee filt..." See moreer to help drain the liquid, then I used 2 8oz pkg of cream cheese, the strawberries, 1/2 tsp almond extract, 2 T. softened butter and 3 C. powdered sugar, wow, what a nice cake!! "
"Great cake!!! Brought it to work and it was a huge hit. Only thing I would change is putting frosting in refrigerator to firm up before frosting layers of cake. I found that the frosting was too "so..." See moreupy". It just ran more than I wanted and layers slide. But I will make it again... it was wonderful"
Strawberry Cake II
Strawberry Dream Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.