Almond Leche Flan12 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 9 hr 5 min
“This is a great flan recipe that you'll love! I grew up around this recipe and I'll bet you'll be serving it again and again!” - by SRAMI97
Original recipe yields 1 - 9-inch round
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook sugar with water, stirring, until melted and light brown. Pour into a flan pan or cake mold, tilting to coat the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, gently whisk together evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks and almond extract, being careful not to incorporate any air into the mixture. Pour into prepared pan, and tap on the counter to remove any bubbles.
- Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place baking dish on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with water to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 to 50 minutes, until set. Let cool completely.
- To unmold, run a knife around the edges of the pan and invert the flan onto a rimmed serving platter. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 260 cal
- 8.4 g
- 39.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"The Philippine leche flan uses 9-10 egg yolk and 1 tbsp lemon juice added to the melted sugar. Vanilla extract is sometimes used to flavor, never almond extract...." See more"
"easy, but way too much almond, and too sweet. I like a good flan, and almond flavoring, and this was not appealing...." See more"
Creamy Caramel Flan
Simple and Creamy Spanish Flan
Just swipe to see more like this.