Deluxe Sour Cream Chicken31 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This is my family's favorite dinner, and is loved by everyone I make it for!” - by Renee Templeton
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish and cover each breast with 3 strips bacon. In a large bowl combine the soup, sour cream and mushrooms. Mix together and pour over chicken; spread out evenly.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.
- 20 minutes before chicken is ready, bring 3 cups water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. When chicken is ready, serve over hot cooked rice.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 914 cal
- 58.7 g
- 49.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (31)Rate This Recipe
"I could not in all conciousness serve this recipe as is to my family....at 1000cal/70grams fat per serving!!!! I made the following changes,I used fat free sour cream,98% fat free/low sodium cream of..." See more mushroom soup and 50% fat reduced bacon bits, I did not serve all the sauce. I'm sure it wasnt as good as the full fat version, will not make this again. "
"I really enjoyed this recipe but I did make some changes to it. We don't eat mushrooms so instead of cream of mushroom I used cream of chicken. I also cooked half of an onion with the bacon and that..." See more added a nice flavor to the dish. I also sprinkled some fresh-cracked black pepper over the top of the dish. I will definitely be making this again!!"
"My husband tasted this and said "Wow!" The combination of flavors is delicious. I followed the recipe exactly as written, except that I broke the cooked bacon into bite-size pieces and sprinkled them..." See more on top of the chicken before adding the sauce. I also sauteed the mushrooms (on the same griddle as the bacon). Thanks for this terrific recipe...will definitely make again for both family and company."
Mom's Sour Cream Chicken
Sour Cream Chicken Paprika
Just swipe to see more like this.