Chicken Noodle Soup III3 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“In Asia, there are different kinds of 'noodle soup'. Noodle soup is more a noodle dish rather than a soup dish. This one is a great comfort food on a cold day. Light and healthy as well. Quantities are arbitrary. Adjust to own taste. Very important to add the shallots as they give the fragrance and flavor. Instead of egg noodles, sometimes I use macaroni. You can also use soy sauce instead of the salt. If you are adventurous, eat with chopped hot chile pepper or add some cayenne pepper to make the soup spicy.” - by Angie
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook shallots in oil until brown and fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles in boiling water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes; drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil; have ready a bowl of ice water. Blanch bean sprouts by plunging them into boiling water for 1 minute, then into cold water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring chicken broth to a simmer.
- Divide noodles evenly between 6 bowls. Top with bean sprouts and shredded chicken. Pour the heated broth into the bowls. Drizzle with the shallot mixture and garnish with the green onion. Season with salt and pepper. Serve at once.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 384 cal
- 15.9 g
- 35.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Spicy Chicken Thai Noodle Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.