Crawfish Thermidor10 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Individual servings of crawfish braised with fresh mushrooms in butter and white wine, then spiced with red pepper flakes. Great for an appetizer or as a side dish.” - by Kathleen Burton
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease 4 small to medium sized ramekins.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and add mushrooms and white wine; simmer for about 8 minutes. Add the crawfish tails and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Gradually blend in flour, salt, and red pepper flakes. Slowly drizzle in the milk, stirring constantly and cook until mixture thickens.
- Pour mixture into the prepared ramekins. Sprinkle the top of each with a pinch of paprika.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 298 cal
- 15.3 g
- 13.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"Thank goodness for this recipe! I wanted to make a Seafood Thermidor and was having one heck of a time finding any recipe at all. I served this to a bit of a crowd so I doubled everything. Instead ..." See moreof the crawfish, I used 1 pound of crabmeat, and about 1/2 pound each of bay scallops and cooked shrimp. I used 1/2 the amount of red pepper flakes, since some of my guests do not like too much spice. For the wine, I used a bit of sherry and white wine for the balance. Delicious! Thanks Kathleen, you are a life saver!"
"I was barely able to get this into the oven--I kept eating the sauce straight from the skillet!..." See more"
"I made Lobster Thermidor and it was the BEST ever. I have had lobster thermidor in the caribbean and it's always been my favorite. Having the lobster with just butter just never seemed good enough. I ..." See morewas happy to come across this recipe. I made it and my family loved it. My fiance never eats seafood and he tried it and he LOVED it. This recipe rocks. You will not regret making this."
Crawfish Etouffee Georgia Style
Just swipe to see more like this.