Wrapped Salmon91 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This is basically salmon Dijon, but with a twist. Very easy to make and delicious! Goes well with fresh steamed veggies and rice.” - by HEIDI S.
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut the filets into log shaped pieces, about 2 inches wide by 5 inches long, keeping the filet portions separate. Take 2 sheets of phyllo dough, placing one on top of the other, and brush lightly with melted butter, covering the one side completely.
- Place a portion of salmon (6 ounces), on the edge, nearest you, of the phyllo dough. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Coat the portion of salmon with 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- Fold the phyllo dough, nearest you, over the salmon and make one complete wrap. Take the sides of the dough and fold them towards the center, and continue rolling up the dough. Brush all sides with butter, covering completely and place on a cookie sheet. Repeat steps for remaining portions of salmon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until phyllo dough is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 574 cal
- 35.1 g
- 23.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (91)Rate This Recipe
"O.K. I changed it a little bit: I stirred together about 2 Tbsp dijon mustard, 2 Tbsp brown sugar, 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, and a pinch of onion powder. I used this sauce to spoon over th..." See moree salmon rather than just the plain dijon mustard. I also used non-fat butter spray rather than butter. It came out fabulous! The tender salmon and flaky phyllo dough made for a delectable dish. Yummm!"
"A wonderful dinner party main dish that is simple to prepare. The result is quite elegant and delicious. Have the phyllo dough thawed but still cold and keep it moist with a paper towel while you are..." See more preparing each roll. Great with roasted asparagus and a salad of field greens."
"This is by FAR the best salmon I've ever eaten! (better than grilled, in my humble opinion) The fish is actually steamed inside the phyllo. It comes out flaky and moist, done to perfection. The comp..." See moreliment of the crispy, crunchy phyllo is a delight! I went a bit light on the mustard, and found it to be a wonderful compliment, but not overpowering. I also used fresh ground pepper, it is a MUCH better alternative to the already ground you buy at the store. The preparation was easy (and I had never used phyllo) and every bite was gone by end of the meal. raves from everyone!! Hope you will try it."
Baked Salmon II
Just swipe to see more like this.