Shrimp de Jonghe II2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“A rich and elegant shrimp dish which belies it's short preparation and cooking time.” - by JFCHURCH
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large pot, combine water, onion, celery, bay leaves, and 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Bring the liquid to a boil and add the unshelled shrimp. Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove the pot from the heat. Let shrimp cool in the liquid. Drain the shrimp and shell and devein them.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter with an electric hand mixer or whisk, and thoroughly blend in the bread crumbs and sour cream. Slowly beat in the parsley, crushed garlic, salt, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, black pepper and juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Arrange the shrimp in the bottom of 6 (5 ounce) ramekins and cover them with the butter mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until tops are lightly browned, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 516 cal
- 35.8 g
- 16.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Lobster de Jonghe
Just swipe to see more like this.