Garlic Potatoes Gratin83 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“An unbelievable rich twist on au gratin potatoes, this casserole develops a caramelized, cheesy, roasted-garlic crust as it bakes. However, this dish does not save well (leftovers tend to separate and become oily), so eat up! Wonderful with a ham dinner.” - by Lisa Ramos
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In the prepared dish layer 1/2 of the potatoes, 1/2 of the cheese, then the remaining potatoes.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until fragrant and golden brown; pour over potatoes.
- Combine cream, salt and pepper; pour evenly over potatoes and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 75 minutes. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 394 cal
- 26.9 g
- 29.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (83)Rate This Recipe
"This was to die for! To offset the cook's comment about it separating, I added 2-3 more potatoes and had no problem. I doubled the recipe and 6 people ate it all--and all asked for the recipe. Very..." See more rich, not for those watching caloric/fat intake, but absolutely yummy!"
"Very Good! The gouda really adds a nice creamy texture to this dish. I halved the recipe and baked in a loaf pan. I was able to slice the potatoes evenly using the mandolin about 1/4 inch thick. I..." See more sprinkled the cheese evenly through 3 layers, then the cream over the top. I baked covered with foil the first 45 minutes. Uncovered for 15 minutes. Will make again."
Garlic Mashed Potatoes Secret Recipe
Red Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.