- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This recipe was one that was served after my mother became a vegetarian. She served it with a wonderful horseradish gravy.” - by GRAHAM8
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute onions until transparent. Stir in wheat bran and oat bran. Meanwhile, dissolve bouillon in hot water.
- Stir cheese, marjoram and sage into onion mixture. When cheese is melted, gradually stir in enough bouillon water to create a moist batter. Remove from heat and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Form mixture into patties and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Prepare gravy according to package directions and add horseradish.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 459 cal
- 34.5 g
- 28.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This is a really tasty recipe for a burger-like entree. I was surprised by the meaty consistency and I think the recipe could also be turned into a tasty vegetarian meatloaf...." See more"
"Kind of grainy and monotonous tasting. I think next time, I'll make it into "meatballs" and cover with vegetarian gravy over noodles...." See more"
Onion Casserole II
Just swipe to see more like this.