Citrus Cheesecake28 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“A great tasting citrus cheesecake with a marmalade glaze. Garnish with orange slices and sprigs of mint.” - by NATHAN14
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch springform pan
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Butter a 9 inch springform pan. In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon lemon peel and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour and 1/3 cup sugar. Add butter and process until coarse crumbs form. With machine running, add yolk mixture and blend until moist clumps form. Press dough onto bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of prepared pan. Freeze crust 10 minutes.
- Brush crust lightly with egg white. Bake until crust is pale golden, about 15 minutes. Cool on rack while preparing filling. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 2/3 cups sugar until smooth. Beat in cornstarch, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, orange zest, lime zest, 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in sour cream. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until puffed and cracked around edges and center moves only slightly when pan is gently shaken. Allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate overnight.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, boil marmalade and 2 teaspoons lemon juice until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Spread warm glaze on top of cake. Chill cake 10 minutes. Remove pan sides and transfer cake to serving plate.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 556 cal
- 33 g
- 59.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (28)Rate This Recipe
"This was a very easy recipe to make. However, I did change a few things. First, I skipped making the crust and just used a ready-made graham cracker crust. Second, I scaled down some of the ingredient..." See mores a little bit. I only used 2 packages of cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 2 eggs, and about 3/4 cups of sour cream. The rest of the ingredients I left as is. In addition, I also added fresh lime and orange juice along with the lemon for more citrus flavor. Turned out great! Thanks!"
"I tried this recipe for the first time for a dinner party. Dessert is my flare and I am always asked to it. This is one of the best cheesecakes I've made. I dressed it up with a ring of sliced kiwi, ..." See morethen a ring of mandarin oranges and finished it with crushed pineapple in the middle, I dried the fruit well before using. I topped it with the marmalade glaze from the recipe. It turned out just beautiful. I always cook my cheesecakes in a water bath. I will definately make this one again."
Key Lime Cheesecake I
Key Lime Cheesecake II
Just swipe to see more like this.