Peaches and Cream Cake16 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“Four layers of French vanilla flavored cake assembled with canned peaches and a cream cheese filling.” - by CJ
Original recipe yields 1 - 4 layer 9 inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 (9 inch) round pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well in the center and pour in sour cream, oil and eggs. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Make Filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, alternating with milk. Beat in cinnamon and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Assemble the cake: Slice cakes horizontally to make 4 layers. Reserve 8 peach slices for garnish; chop remaining peaches. Fill each layer with 1/3 cup frosting mixture and 1/2 cup chopped peaches. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Garnish with sliced peaches.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 436 cal
- 16.1 g
- 70.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"The cake part was great but decided to make my own filling and frosting, from reading the other reviews. I whipped up a half pint of whipping cream and set it aside. Then I beat 4 oz of cream cheese..." See more with 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Then I folded the cream cheese mixture and whipped cream together. To that, I added some well drained finely chopped peaches. I assembled the cake and then frosted the top and sides with the whipped cream cream cheese frosting recipe from this site, and added some yellow and red food coloring to give it a peach tint. I added some peaches to the top of the cake after I had chilled the cake for quite some time, right before serving, so they wouldn't slide off! Thanks for the recipe, though, you gave me some great ideas!"
"the cake was a hit but the icing was a disaster. i decided to add 8 ounces of cool whip to the mixture to make it stay on the sides of the cake but it still wasn't enough. i think next time i will u..." See morese only half the milk called for."
Italian Creme Layer Cake
White Chocolate Cream Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.