Angel Hair Pasta with Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli301 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This makes the best cream sauce I've ever had. It's a quick meal that is a sure way to impress company without the hassle.” - by Robbie Rice
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt 1.5 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly stir in milk and cream; simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Mix in pesto, parsley, 3 cloves minced garlic, Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon salt, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer.
- Meanwhile, place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet. Saute shrimp, remaining 3 cloves minced garlic, and 1 teaspoon salt for 5 minutes, or until shrimp are pink.
- In a large bowl, toss pasta, shrimp and broccoli; pour sauce over and serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 431 cal
- 19.9 g
- 39.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (301)Rate This Recipe
"I thought this recipe was GREAT, the 4 star rating was for the few modifications I made. In response to the other reviews I did double the sauce. To cut some fat I used milk but in place of the cream ..." See moreI used fat free evaporated milk (same measurements) I used smart balance in the sauce and butter for the shrimp. In place of just parm. I used a pre-shredded blend in the deli section of parm. romano, and asiago. I love garlic so I added a little extra and went easy on the pepper and hot sauce because I was also serving this to my picky kids. This had a nice kick but wasn't too hot. I used fresh broccoli and pesto (I loved the flavor and I don't think just fresh basil would have had the same affect)Lastly I made the sauce a few hrs. in advance and I think that may have been a good thing as I discovered the flavors had a chance to blend and tasted better after some time. ( another reviewer had mentioned it was good reheated)All in all I was a great hit and will be made again!"
"So good, I'm craving more! I followed everything pretty much except I didn't use the pesto, I didn't have any on hand and don't think I missed it. I also at least doubled the garlic amounts as we lov..." See moree our garlic too. I always double the sauce recipes on anything I make since we are all sauce eaters and don't like dry food, and I'm glad I did, it was just enough. Boy, is this ever good and you can change out the shrimp or broccoli for other things very easily as well. This is easy and great enough for entertaining."
"This is a great recipe! I used mini penne pasta instead of the angel hair and omitted the pesto and used fresh basil. I also put the broccoli into my pasta water for about 3-4 minutes for time saving...." See more I bought peeled cooked shrimp and sauteed for aprox. 3-5 mins. in the garlic and butter. If you like a lot of sauce, you need to add more of the milk and heavy cream. My kids ate every bite!!!"
Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Basil
Garlic Shrimp Scampi with Angel Hair Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.