Baked Ziti IV750 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“The BEST Baked Ziti!! This has flavor and yields a great amount. Try this recipe; it IS the best!” - by SETHALLEN
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook onion in oil until tender. Stir in rosemary and garlic. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Place ground beef and sausage in the skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Stir in the onion mixture and the spaghetti sauce. Season with salt. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. In the prepared dish, layer 1/2 of the cooked pasta, provolone cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, and a little less than 1/2 of the meat mixture. Then layer the rest of the pasta, mozzarella cheese, remaining meat mixture, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until heated through and cheeses are melted.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 489 cal
- 24.5 g
- 43.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (750)Rate This Recipe
"OK Everyone, I made this last night and it is a keeper !!! Very very good!!! I also did a few changes I used onions and green onions (tops only ). I added some red bell pepper, I used beef and sweet i..." See moretalian sausage. I was a little leary about the rosemary in this sauce, but what ever you do do not leave it out.(oh my god wonderful). Also use fresh rosemary, I used more garlic than call for ofcourse!!. I added basil and Italian seasoning to the meat mixture while cooking. After I added the sauce I added some red wine (a must). Also I added a teaspoon of sugar. Now I also used ricotta instead of cottage cheese, I used a Italian penne pasta (Imported kind found in supermarket). I was also not to sure about the sour cream I do not like it at all, but I used it. Also do not leave it out made a big difference. I layered mine and baked covered for 35 min then uncovered for 10 min more. I served with garlic bread and a soft white wine. HEAVEN!!!."
"Good stuff! This is a really strong recipe at its core. I would just modify some of the basic elements...especially step no. 4. Here are the recommendtions I would make to give this recipe a five star..." See more rating: 1. Mix the sour cream, cottage cheese, mozzarella and parmesan together in a bowl. 2. Mix the pasta into the meat sauce. After spraying the casserole dish with non-stick spray, layer half the pasta/meat sauce in the dish. Spread the cheese mix on top of the bottom layer. Layer the rest of the pasta/meat sauce on top. Finish the casserole by placing the six slices of Provolone cheese and then bake. Twenty minutes at 350 was perfect. Other changes I made: I used 28 ounces of home made tomato sauce. The recipe was not specific enough for me - it said, "1 1/2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce" ...So is that 26 ounces total? Or is it 39 ounces? Another change I made is I used a pound of ground beef since I did not have the pork sauage on hand. I think the sausage would make it even better. Anyway, this recipe will fullfil a lasagna craving with half the effort."
"Added some extra spices to the meat mixture--minced garlic. basil, oregeno,salt and pepper. Used ricotta instead of cottage cheese. Used 8 oz. of sour cream and 15 oz. of ricotta. Mixed everything ..." See moretogether in a large pot, except for the provolone cheese. Put a small layer of sauce in the bottom of the pan, threw in half the ziti mixture, then the provolone, then the rest of the ziti. I have been making lasagna for years, and think from now on I will use this recipe....much easier to prepare. Was a bit leary of the sour cream, but texture was wonderful. My Italian husband said this was the best ziti he's ever had. My sons went NUTS over this. Thanks."
Brown Sugar Meatloaf
Easy Slow Cooker Meatballs
Just swipe to see more like this.