Macaroni with White Sauce9 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“A delicious Arabian styled macaroni cooked with white sauce (similar to macaroni and cheese).” - by NOURA
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, 1 tablespoon oil and bouillon cubes, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Saute onion until golden and add ground beef. Cook over medium heat until evenly brown. Stir in tomato paste, salt and pepper; simmer over low heat until heated through.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a deep saucepan; stir in flour, then milk. Cook over medium-low heat until sauce thickens; stir in salt and white pepper. Pour half of the sauce over the cooked macaroni and stir in mozzarella cheese. Spoon half of the macaroni into prepared dish and top with ground beef mixture. Spoon the remaining macaroni over the ground beef, and top with remaining white sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 536 cal
- 20.8 g
- 55.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was yummy. I added basil and oregano to the meat mixture, and skipped the oil except for the white sauce. The only drawback is all of the cleanup it creates! I had to use two pots, a pa..." See moren, and a casserole dish."
"Big hit with me and hubby. Just made a few alterations! I used corn starch instead of flour to thicken the white sauce and also added onion and garlic powder and oregano for the lack in flavor. I add..." See moreed some canned diced tomatoes to the beef mixture. Lastly, rather than mozzarella I used 2C of monteray jack and 2C of extra sharp cheddar (mixed and divided evenly in mixture and on top). These cheeses gave the dish a more distictive flavor rather than the typical mozzarella in a pasta dish. Even great as a leftover...not dry at all like most left over pasta dishes!"
"Pretty good - almost like a hamburger helper dish, but higher quality and it is not soupy at all. Not gourmet, but a good beef and macaroni dish. A little dry but good flavor. Might want to double the..." See more sauce and top with more mozzarella. I will definitely make again when I am in the mood for a beef and noodle dish."
White Cheddar Macaroni with Bacon and Thyme
Simple Mac and Cheese
Just swipe to see more like this.