Chicken Soup II29 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“Delicious chicken soup with tortellini and spinach. Top with parmesan cheese.” - by ROZZZZZ
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Fill a large pot with water and place chicken thighs in the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until meat falls from the bone, 45 minutes. Remove chicken, cut up meat and return meat to the pot.
- Stir in chicken bouillon, onion, garlic, celery, carrots and bell pepper; simmer until vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in frozen spinach and cook until tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in water until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- Stir tortellini into soup and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in reserved egg noodles, salt and pepper. Heat through and serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 225 cal
- 7.2 g
- 22.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (29)Rate This Recipe
"I did not have frozen spinach or a green pepper but had fresh spinach and a red pepper. My family loved this soup and would make it again!..." See more"
"The recipe was easy to make and my boy friend liked it very much. i am not a great fan of spinich but it was still very good. i hope to make it soon in the future...." See more"
"Great soup! I had a cold and instead of downing a can of condensed chicken noodle soup, I thought I'd make some from scratch. I love spinach, so this was right up my alley and the tortellini was a nic..." See moree twist as well! I made a few variations---limited the onions and celery just because I'm not a huge fan. I did use fresh spinach instead of frozen and it worked just fine. Instead of meat, I used a three cheese tortellini and omitted the egg noodles (too much pasta). Finally, I didn't go through the trouble of taking the chicken off the bone (thought it made the soup more "hearty" and it falls right off anyway) and I also added a couple teaspoons of butter. All in all---this was a fantastic recipe! I served it with garlic bread and it tasted event better for lunch the next day!!!"
Chicken Soup III
Rosemary Chicken Noodle Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.