Sausage and Apple Stuffing49 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“I got this recipe from my sister in law a few years ago and it is now the only stuffing I make. We all enjoy it very much.” - by ANTLALA
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Place ground pork breakfast sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in celery, onion and water chestnuts. Cook and stir until tender. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Prepare herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix according to package directions. Mix in sausage, celery mixture, apples and chicken broth.
- Transfer mixture to a medium baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 221 cal
- 10.6 g
- 25.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (49)Rate This Recipe
"This is now a request at all family functions! Very good - I cook the stuffing in broth vs. water and it's just that much tastier...." See more"
"Great! I used a bit more onion and celery and used pecans instead of water chestnuts. Very moist. I was able to assemble a couple of hours ahead of time, keep in the fridge, and then pop in the ove..." See moren 1/2 hour before dinner. Served 8 and still plenty of leftovers."
Awesome Sausage, Apple and Cranberry Stuffing
Apple and Sausage Cornbread Stuffing
Just swipe to see more like this.