Cajun Appetizer Meatballs183 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This is a great appetizer meatball recipe with a little kick to it. It can be made ahead and frozen in resealable plastic bags, then added to sauce and heated.” - by DOREENB
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix thoroughly the ground beef, hot pepper sauce, Cajun seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, onion, bread crumbs, milk, and egg.
- Form the mixture into golf ball sized meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until there is no pink left in the middle.
- In a small bowl, combine the barbeque sauce and peach preserves.
- When meatballs are done, place in a serving dish and cover with the barbeque sauce mixture. Toss to coat.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 504 cal
- 25.4 g
- 45 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (183)Rate This Recipe
"These are fantastic! The only substitution I made was to use apricot rather than peach preserves due to what was available at the store. I used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and they were a big hit at my..." See more holiday party. If you are going to have them out for several hours in a crockpot as I did, I would suggest doubling the bbq sauce/preserve combo as it tended to be absorbed. Also, spray the crockpot with cooking spray for easier cleanup. Thanks for the great recipe!"
"These meatballs are just fantastic and such a nice change of pace from the traditional Italian flavor of most meatballs. I've made these tree times so far, changing only the hot sauce. The first tim..." See moree I made them with Franks Red Hot Chili and Lime, which was delicious. The second I used simple Tabasco. This most recent I used Cholula. I think I'll stick with Cholula because it has just the right zip, and you can't beat the subtle tang. I love this recipe and highly recommend it to anyone who's contemplating giving it a try."
"delicious! The first time I did this recipie my meat eating friends couldn't believe how good they were. I also mixed the BBQ sauce and preserves in the meatballs and then baked them instead of using ..." See moreit as a sauce and it worked out really well. I actually prefer them that way."
Lana's Sweet and Sour Meatballs
BBQ Cola Meatballs
Just swipe to see more like this.