Enchilada Casserole II141 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Easy, flavorful and delicious. Kids love it!” - by TAMMIE SWAIN
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a deep dish pie plate; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink; drain fat. Return to the heat and push the meat and onion to the sides of the pan. Add the garlic to the center of the pan and cook briefly. Stir the beef and onion together with the garlic.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder and salt to taste. Mix well and allow to thicken slightly.
- Spoon a thin layer of the beef mixture onto the bottom of the pie plate. Begin layering the tortilla, beef mixture, then cheese, ending with a final layer of cheese on the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 605 cal
- 33.3 g
- 37.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (141)Rate This Recipe
"With a few adjustments, this is an excellent recipe. Instead of the spices, I just pour in some taco seasoning. I also omit the tomato paste entirely (I don't keep paste in the house). I add a can ..." See moreof black beans and 1/2 can of corn, also. With those changes, this is an excellent casserole and it has become one of our staples - I make it and we eat it for lunches for the week."
"Excellent recipe!! In the meat mixture, I added a can (14.5oz) of cut peeled tomatos and a can (4.5oz) chopped green chiles. I would recommend this recipe to anyone. Tasty and easy. Ps- I used the fl..." See moreour tortillas but cooked about 5 mins less than required and then let sit for 5 min before serving. YUMMY."
"Pantry Raid" Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Chicken and Corn Enchilada Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.