Mexican Meatloaf30 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“This jelly-roll approach to making meatloaf is really easy and tasty, especially when filled with your favorite cheese and sauces. This Mexican variety includes refried beans and tortillas to make it somewhat of a meatloaf burrito!” - by JULIE COWEN
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix thoroughly the ground beef and taco seasoning; set aside. In a medium saucepan, heat the refried beans over medium low heat until they are completely heated through.
- Place the ground beef mixture on a large piece of foil. Press the mixture into an approximately 1 inch thick square shape. Spread the refried beans evenly over the top of the flattened beef. Layer the flour tortillas on top of the refried beans, trimming the edges to fit the square. Layer tortillas with salsa and Cheddar cheese, staying 1/2 to 1 inch away from edges of the square.
- Gently roll the layered beef into a Swiss roll shape, pressing and compacting the loaf as you go. Pinch and seal the edges. Wrap in the foil and seal.
- Bake in preheated oven 40 to 45 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center. Cut loaf in half to test for doneness, if necessary.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 488 cal
- 28.8 g
- 27 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (30)Rate This Recipe
"Daughter Ashley is giving this a five because she said it was the best meatloaf I ever made! The girls and I are mexican food freaks, so I'd have to agree with her. (Mick, you've gotta try this) It wa..." See mores a little hard to roll but it could have been because I always use ground turkey instead of beef for my meatloaf and it tends to be a bit softer. Anyway, we absolutely loved this recipe Julie and I'll certainly make this again and again!!!!"
"After trying this recipe I couldn't believe it wasn't rated and put in the hall of fame for the best meatloaf! I followed the recipe exactly and it came out perfect. This is now my family's favorite! ..." See moreThank you!"
Just swipe to see more like this.