Scrumptious Beef and Potato Casserole56 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 2 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 30 min
“This is one of my husband's favorite recipes for a weekend supper. It's great the next day, but don't microwave it to reheat, as the topping will be soggy.” - by DKOSKO
Original recipe yields 6 to 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over high heat, melt the shortening and quickly brown the ground beef with the onion. Stir in water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix the condensed cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Pour meat mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange potatoes over the meat. Pour soup mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Top with whole wheat flake cereal.
- Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 1 1/2 hours.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 694 cal
- 42.7 g
- 37.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (56)Rate This Recipe
"very good dish, my mother in law makes it all the time. Can substitute ground beef for the stew meat and omit the shortening..." See more"
"tastes like a baked potato with all the trimmings and topped with beef...delicious Forget the wheat flake cereal...they bring the confuse the flavor and confuse the texture I felt like I should have..." See more used chives instead of the wheat flakes. Overall, I'd call it comfort food that sticks to your ribs."
"I LOVE this recipe. My husband really enjoyed the dish when I made it. I didn't have onions, I only have 1.25 lb of meat and 3 small potatoes, muenster cheese and rice chex instead of corn flakes, ye..." See moret the dish turned out REALLY GOOD! Substituted olive oil for the shortening and added some garlic. This recipe is absolutely a keeper! Thank you!"
Leftover Ham -n- Potato Casserole
Hamburger Potato Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.