Southwestern Bake71 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A delicious southwestern recipe that includes black beans. I use mild salsa, but if you like it spicy, use hot salsa. This is one of my favorite recipes.” - by LINDAMOMMY
Original recipe yields 8 to 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the garlic and onion; drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the meat mixture, chili powder, black beans, corn, sour cream and salsa. Stir until well blended.
- Into a 9x13 inch baking dish, spoon enough of the beef mixture to cover the bottom. Arrange half of the crushed tortilla chips on top of the meat mixture and layer with 1 cup of Cheddar cheese. Spoon another layer of the meat mixture on top of the cheese layer, cover with remaining chips and layer with 1 cup of cheese. Spread final layer of meat mixture on top and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese on top. Top with diced tomato and green onions.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 570 cal
- 40.4 g
- 29 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (71)Rate This Recipe
"I have made this twice now - I find it best if you only use one layer of tortilla chips on top of the 1st layer, then cheese, then rest of sauce topping with cheese, only making 2 layers rather than 3..." See more. The first time I used all of the chips and it was very dry. On top layer of cheese also added some chopped olives."
"Like others I took advice from those listed here and added my own variety. 1. Bought 1 packet of taco seasoning. Added 1/2 the seasoning to the beef, onion, garlic as it browned. 2. Added the other 1/..." See more2 of the seasoning to the sour cream (aprx. 10oz). 3. Strained the 1 can of black beans, 1 can of corn. 4. In big bowl mixed beef, sour cream, beans, corn, 1 c. of salsa. 5. I only did two layers (beef-->chips-->taco cheese-->beef-->chips-->taco cheese). Topped with black olives, green onions. Served Corn cake on the side. Both can be in the oven at the same time & temp :)"
"My family loved this dish! Of course, it was rich (beef, cheese, sour cream), so we made some veggie smoothies as an "appetizer". My youngest daughter (7yo) liked the variety of the cheezy layer on to..." See morep. I used about 2/3 to 3/4 of the chili powder and mild salsa, and her sensitive palate was fine spice-wise. I replaced 16oz of canned corn with a 16oz bag of frozen corn, which made the corn sweeter and more distinct. Like others, I also used sliced black olives on top instead of chopped tomatoes. We'll be doing this one again!"
Taco Spaghetti Bake
South of the Border Hash Brown Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.