Deluxe Egg Rolls17 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“After many experiments, this is my ultimate egg roll recipe.” - by ANNETTER
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan or deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place ground turkey, 1/2 the ginger root and approximately 1/2 the garlic in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok over medium high heat. Stir in remaining ginger and garlic. Mix in bok choy, carrots, green onions and soy sauce. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender but crisp. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix ground turkey and bok choy mixture.
- Fill a double thickness of wonton wrappers with approximately 1 tablespoon of the turkey and bok choy mixture. Fold wrappers over the filling, and moisten seam to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- In small batches, deep fry the filled wontons until crisp and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 206 cal
- 10.8 g
- 21.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (17)Rate This Recipe
"These egg rolls had the look of being straight from the restaurant, but tasted otherwise. They were very bland! I substituted chicken for the turkey, but they could have really used salt! They were ve..." See morery gingery also...The vegetable combination is nice and I will make them again, altering the recipe a little bit."
"I used hot chili sesame oil instead of the sesame oil. It gave it a good spicy bite. These were really good a lot better than take out! Will try them again...." See more"
Southwestern Egg Rolls
Crab-Filled Egg Rolls With Ginger-Lime Dipping Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.