Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips144 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“The fun of this recipe is that it can be tailored to your tastes. I'm a 'throw it in and see how it turns out' kind of cook, so please adjust the recipe to fit your own tastes. This recipe is best used immediately, as fresh fruit doesn't keep well in the refrigerator. If you prefer baked cinnamon chips, arrange the tortilla triangles in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon, and bake 5 to 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Watch them closely so they don't burn!” - by CRISSYF
Original recipe yields 32 servings
- In a medium bowl, mix together Fuji apple, strawberries, kiwis, bananas, lime juice, white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover and chill in the refrigerator approximately 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a medium heavy saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Slice flour tortillas into triangles. Carefully place tortilla triangles into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Place white sugar and cinnamon in a large ziplock plastic bag. Drop fried tortilla triangles into the bag and shake to coat.
- Serve the cinnamon chips warm with the chilled fruit salsa.
Amount Per Serving (32 total)
- 70 cal
- 1.8 g
- 12.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (144)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious tortillas, but it's not necessary to fry these. I lightly brushed melted butter over the tortillas, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar and just baked. The sugar caramalized beautifully and th..." See moree kids said they tasted like Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Due to fruit allergies, I had to eliminate the apples and kiwi, but it was still wonderful just with the berries and bananas. If you have any leftover chips, use them as a base and top with caramel swirl icecream, caramel sauce, chocolate whipped cream and a few chocolate curls. Makes a really pretty presentation! Thanks Crissy!"
"I too sprayed my chips w/ butter flavor spray & then sprinkled w/ cinamon sugar & baked at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. I added blueberries to the mix & I didn't peel my apple. The only thing I i..." See morewll do differently next time is dip the apple pieces in some lemon juice to prevent discoloring. My guests really enjoyed this...thanks!"
IN HOME CHEF
"Also added: fresh pineapple, red grapes, pears, and mandrin oranges, didn't use banana though. Used Fruit Fresh too to keep colors bright. This is an awesome appetizer to serve guests, tastes like..." See more fresh fruit pie. Chopping isn't too tedious if you used a chopper (mine is by Pampered Chef) *kids love to help chop."
Annie's Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
Fresh and Simple Peach Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Chips
Just swipe to see more like this.