Gator Salsa7 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This salsa is not for the wimps. I have tried to come up with the best salsa I can, and I think I did!!!” - by GATOR37311
Original recipe yields 2 quarts
- Bring a large saucepan filled 2/3 full with water to boil. Blanch tomatoes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel and chop.
- Place tomatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- In a separate large saucepan, bring approximately 2 quarts lightly salted water to boil. Place green bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, habanero chile peppers, green chile peppers, onions and garlic in the boiling water. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain vegetables and stir into saucepan with tomatoes. Mix in white sugar, ground black pepper and chopped fresh cilantro. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in more water if necessary to attain desired consistency.
- Transfer the finished salsa to sterile containers, and store in the refrigerator until serving.
Amount Per Serving (128 total)
- 14 cal
- < 1%
- 0.1 g
- < 1%
- 3.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"I tried this recipe 2 ways. When I cooked (boiled) all of the veggies they seemed to use flavor. The second time I used the same ingredients and roasted the peppers and tomatoes on the grill. Talk a..." See morebout bringing out the flavor! WOW!!"
"Cooking the ingredients seems to destroy the flavors and make the dish not very suitable as a salsa. It tastes more like a base for a stew or a sauce for a casserole dish...." See more"
Salsa Ninety Nine (Mild)
Just swipe to see more like this.