Jalapeno Poppers II27 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Enjoy these breaded jalapenos stuffed with a cilantro and cream cheese blend with your friends just before dinner. Serve hot with plum or jalapeno jelly!” - by MANDER1019
Original recipe yields 10 poppers
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Arrange jalapeno chile peppers on a medium baking sheet. Place in the broiler approximately 5 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned. Remove from heat and place in a small airtight container.
- In a medium bowl, whip together cream cheese, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper. Place eggs in a small bowl. Place Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs in a small bowl.
- Remove jalapenos from container. Remove skins and stems. Cut off tops and remove seeds. Stuff each with equal amounts of the cream cheese mixture. Roll in the eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- In batches, deep fry stuffed, coated jalapenos in the prepared oil 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 460 cal
- 38.1 g
- 19.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (27)Rate This Recipe
"Gonna try this one this weekend. I did a bit of prep today. Heres a tip.. cut off the stem and use a potato peeler to scoop out the membrane and seeds. it worked for me quite well. then just put the c..." See moreream cheese into a sandwhich bag, snip off the corner and pipe the cheese into the opening. Less mess!"
"Just a tip for those handling peppers. All you have to do (so you don't have to worry about gloves or baggies on your hands) is coat your hands in olive oil. If your hands end up burning rub them in..." See more milk, not a milk based product..MILK. It takes the burn away immediately, and even works on the lips (sometimes it burns there too after eating a hot pepper). My Grandma used the oil method and passed it along to me, and also the rubbing of the milk. IT WORKS TRUST ME!!!"
"I enjoyed this recipe - the only thing I would have to say was that it was not hot enough. Perhaps it was the jalepeno peppers I used. I think next time I will either keep the seeds in or perhaps us..." See moree some crushed jalepeno peppers in the cream cheese mixture. I really liked the fact that none of the stuffing oozed out. I had my doubts since I have never tried making anything like this before. DEFINITELY WILL KEEP USING THIS RECIPE. THANKS FOR THE GREAT RECIPE AMANDA."
Best Ever Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapeno Poppers from Idahoan(R)
Just swipe to see more like this.