Mom's Sausage Roll11 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 5 hr
“Mom's Sausage Roll is a great appetizer during the holidays or anytime. You may slice it and eat it right out of the oven, or you may serve it cooled. Give it away as gifts during the holidays by packaging the rolls in colored aluminum foil.” - by Jo Ann
Original recipe yields 3 sausage rolls
- Thaw the frozen bread dough.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, rapidly cook and stir the eggs until solid. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- One loaf at a time on a lightly floured surface, roll the bread dough into a sheet approximately 1/4 inch or less thick. Spread 1/3 of the sausage, 1/3 of the eggs, 1/3 of the pepperoni and 1/3 of the Provolone cheese evenly over each dough sheet. Roll into a loaf.
- One at a time, place rolled loaves into the prepared baking dish, brush with 1/3 of the beaten egg mixture and bake in the preheated oven 30 to 45 minutes, until golden brown. If desired, form loaves into a U shape before baking.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 580 cal
- 49.5 g
- 2 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"This is a fantastic recipe! My mother-in-law taught me how to make this, and it's always a hit. Either a snack, or a meal in itself. She would use mozzarella instead of provelone, and would use It..." See morealian Sausage as the base. She would also kick it up by adding parmesan or romano cheese to the sausage-cheese mixture. The more, the more decadant. Can also make with frozen spinach in lieu of sausage. Basically, a mini calzone and oh so yummy. Don't be afraid to add oregano. This freezes well, too."
"I couldn't find frozen bread dough, so I used a refrigerated french bread, and unrolled it. Worked perfectly because it saved me the rolling process. I used one pound sausage, four eggs and a sprink..." See moreling of cheese. Baked in about 40 minutes."
Egg and Sausage Casserole
My Mom's Sausage & Rice Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.