Muffaletta Pizza18 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A terrific variation on an old New Orleans Favorite. We serve it as an appetizer to guests. The olive salad mixture may be used at once, but is best when chilled overnight. Adjust the ingredients to taste.” - by SGRINAVI
Original recipe yields 1 pizza
- In a medium bowl, mix jumbo black olives, green olives, celery, red onion, garlic, basil, parsley, olive oil, oregano, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until using.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Sprinkle pizza crust with olive oil, salt and garlic powder.
- Place the crust directly on the oven rack. Bake for about 5 minutes. Do not allow crust to become overly browned or crisp. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mozzarella cheese, Provolone cheese, Parmesan cheese, hard salami, mortadella and prosciutto. Stir in the olive mixture.
- Preheat the broiler. Spread the cheese and vegetable mixture over the baked pizza crust.
- Broil 5 minutes, or until cheeses are melted and meats are lightly browned. Cut into 3 inch squares and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 511 cal
- 29.1 g
- 38.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"This is a great pizza - very tasty. A little greasy, but that's from all of the cold meats. I was worried that a lack of sauce wouldn't make a great pizza, but both my husband and I loved this. I w..." See moreill definitely make it again."
"This a great variation of the Muffaletta sandwich! I substituted cappicola for the mortadella, which my deli didn't carry, and it was still great! Even my kids loved it!..." See more"
"Merry Christmas everyone! This was excellent! Everyone who tried it oohed and aahed. I only used 1/4 lb of prosciutto since I was serving this with other appetizers and I didn't want it to be too fill..." See moreing, and that was plenty of meat! Prosciutto is very salty-be prepared. This looks great and tastes excellent! I would recommend going easy on the meats. It may not be authentic but you'll never miss them!"
Jet Swirl Pizza Appetizers
Italian Pesto Pizza
Just swipe to see more like this.