Tasty Spinach Treats21 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“I created these delicious spinach cups to bring to a potluck dinner and they disappeared! They're a cinch to make and taste good right out of the oven or cooled.” - by KCHASE
Original recipe yields 20 baked cups
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a miniature muffin pan.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and cook until tender and lightly browned.
- In a medium bowl, mix together onion, spinach, mayonnaise, mozzarella cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Unroll buttermilk biscuit dough. Separate each biscuit into two. Place biscuit dough halves into the prepared miniature muffin pan, forming small cups that extend slightly beyond the rim. Fill the biscuit dough cups with desired amounts of the onion and spinach mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven 12 minutes, or until biscuit dough and filling are lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 308 cal
- 22.7 g
- 17.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"These are soooo good! I'm not a big fan of the nutmeg, though... I prefer to add just a touch along with some garlic salt. Also, you may use the fillo shells available in the frozen food section -- ..." See morethey're quick and tasty. The recipe fills about 45 fillo cups..."
"I TRIED THESE SPINACH TREATS AND THEY WERE A HUGE HIT! THEY WERE GONE IN A FLASH. THIS IS THE MOST-REQUESTED DISH IN MY HOUSE. I HAVE ALSO CHANGED THE RECIPE BY USING BROCCOLI WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE ..." See moreAND SAUTEED MUSHROOMS WITH MOZZARELLA CHEESE. THANKS FOR THE GREAT RECIPE."
"I love spinach and thought these sounded delicious. I found they were alot of work and weren't that good. I had a party for 45 people and ended up throwing out 3/4 of what I made. No one ate them. ..." See more The biscuits were hard to separate and shrunk in the greased pans so it was hard to put filling in. They were "okay" when they were warm, but when cooled off no one touched them. I would not make them again."
Best Ever Spinach Artichoke Dip
Just swipe to see more like this.