Cranberry Ice Cream Swirl Cake7 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 6 hr
“Outstanding 'non-heavy' dessert for when you want guests applauding! I have yet to make this recipe without rave reviews. Flavors blend perfectly. It has become my signature recipe. Not difficult to make, but allow enough time to make. I make it the day before. You may garnish with semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate shavings or curls if you like.” - by AlwaysCookin
Original recipe yields 1 8-inch springform
- In a food processor or blender, process wafers until finely ground. Stir ground wafers together with 1/4 cup melted butter and press into the bottom and partway up the sides of an 8-inch springform pan. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a covered saucepan over medium heat, simmer cranberries, corn syrup, sugar and water for 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Place in a bowl and chill until cold.
- Spread half the softened ice cream over the frozen crust. Drizzle all but 1/3 cup of the cold cranberry mixture over the ice cream. Top with remaining ice cream. Draw a knife through the layers to marble. Freeze 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Spread remaining 1/3 cup cranberry mixture over top of frozen dessert and freeze 15 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, chop pistachios finely and place in a small skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon butter and salt. Cook, stirring, 1 minute, until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- In a chilled bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla and whip until stiff peaks form. Fold in cooled pistachios and spread cream over chilled cake. Freeze 30 minutes, then cover tightly with plastic wrap and foil and freeze 4 hours.
- To unmold, wrap a hot, dampened towel around the sides of the pan for 1 to 2 minutes. Then remove the sides of the pan.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 399 cal
- 23.8 g
- 45.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"I used the cranberry swirl in a cheescake recipe, it was delicious. Can't wait to try the ice cream cake...." See more"
"It was just okay. I didn't think this one was worth the trouble. Lengthy process and time consuming. The flavor doesn't make up for the trouble to make it, in my opinion. There are plenty of other ic..." See moree cream desserts that aren't nearly as involved."
"Delicious and unusual. Also too time consuming to make except for very special occasions. I'd probably double or at least increase the cranberry swirl by half. I skipped cooking the pistachios in b..." See moreutter, just bought roasted nuts. Otherwise it was a wonderful mix of flavors, and got by far the most raves of any birthday cake I've made. :-)"
Cranberry Swirl Coffee Cake
Ice Cream Sundae Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.