Cornbread Dressing II18 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“Vegetables and homemade cornbread are baked into a delicious traditional stuffing. Enjoy!” - by Mandy
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a 9 inch iron skillet, mix cornmeal, white sugar, baking powder, salt, 2 eggs, evaporated milk and vegetable oil.
- Bake cornmeal mixture in the preheated oven 35 to 40 minutes, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool.
- Crumble the cooled cornbread into a large bowl. Mix in remaining eggs, mushrooms, celery, green onions, butter, chicken broth, condensed cream of chicken soup, ground black pepper and dried parsley.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 261 cal
- 14 g
- 26.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"This was my first ever attempt at making dressing. It was delicious and so easy!! The only change I made was cooking the onion and celery in with the cornbread. I remember seeing my mother do that ..." See moreas a child. Of course, hers was NEVER this good!"
"I HAD TO LEAVE OUT A COUPLE OF INGREDIENTS BECAUSE OF MY KIDS...BUT IT WAS FANTASTIC...THE INSIDE WAS NOT MUSHY LIKE SOME DRESSINGS..AND THE OUTSIDE WAS NICE AND CRUSTY...I WILL USE THIS RECIPE FOR GE..." See moreNERATIONS TO COME, THANK YOU...."
"I made this for Thanksgiving and my family was skeptical. We have always been a "traditional stuffing" family and not open to change. I made it anyway and now it is a demand for Christmas. It looks..." See more really bad when you're making it, but don't be afraid. After it's cooked, it looks alot better and tastes wonderful. I added a little cooked, crumbled sausage. And I would definitely go to the trouble of making the cornbread as stated. Any store bought cornbread would probably be too sweet and ruin the flavor."
Cornbread Dressing I
Oyster and Cornbread Dressing
Just swipe to see more like this.