Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole95 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This wonderful sweet potato recipe tastes like a dessert. It's always a favorite. ” - by Tamby Plue
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook 25 minutes, or until tender but firm. Drain, cool and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 7x11 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Layer sweet potatoes, brown sugar mixture and apples in the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, butter and pecans. Sprinkle over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 239 cal
- 8.5 g
- 41.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (95)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent, IF you tweak a bit. The combination of sweet potatoes and apples is sublime. Golden Delicious is the best type to use since it's texture and firmness is similar to the Sweet Potato. Defi..." See morenitely BAKE your potoates first (locks in the sweetness and vitamins!), cool, then slice. I also sliced my apples, then cut again into bite size pieces and it cooked perfectly. No need to layer the sugar in between. Just melt the butter (1/2 c. is enough)& spices and drizzle over the top. Good dish to make ahead of time and put into the fridge. Just let it sit at room temp. for a few hours before baking and you're good to go. This is such a nice change from the marshamallow topping and so much lighter! I always get raves and requests for this dish, which I've been making for the past 5 yrs. Try it!"
"Used a combo of suggestions and it came out perfect. Try this: Boil the potatoes in skins until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Cool, peel and slice into greased casserole dish. Using only 1/2 cup of ..." See morebrown sugar total, mix remaining ingredients except apples and butter. Top potatoes with 1/3 sugar mixture. Mix apples (1/4 inch slices cut into 8 pieces each) with the remaining sugar mix, spread over potatoes. Drizzle the melted butter over the top. Bake for 20 min, stir gently and drizzle with 1 Tablespoon melted butter if mixture seems dry. cook 15-20 minutes more. Great flavor combo!"
Sweet Potato Casserole II
Apple Yam Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.