Crawfish Stuffed Chicken Breasts7 Reviews
- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr
“Lightly browned, boneless chicken breasts stuffed with a rich crawfish stuffing and topped with crawfish, crabmeat and mushrooms in a cream sauce.” - by Matthew
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Pound chicken breasts until flat. Place in a bowl, immerse in Worcestershire sauce, and refrigerate.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large, cast iron skillet. Saute onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic in butter for 15 minutes over medium heat, until vegetables are tender. Add the crawfish to the pan, and saute for an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to a bowl, and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup butter to the pan, and melt over medium-high heat. Dredge each chicken breast in the flour, and brown in the butter on one side only. Keep the chicken in the pan only long enough to brown, do not cook. The butter may begin to burn during this process. If it does, simply pour it out and add more.
- Place chicken, brown side down, on a flat surface. Spoon stuffing onto breasts, and wrap the breast ends up until they touch. Secure ends with a toothpick. Place stuffed breasts into a baking dish.
- Pour cream, remaining 1 cup butter, mushrooms, and green onions into a sauce pan, and heat gently for 5 minutes. Pour over chicken breasts. Place crabmeat in mounds on top of chicken. Cover the entire dish with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degree C) oven for 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 1073 cal
- 72.5 g
- 28.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"I don't intend this in an unkind way, but to the Reviewer, "FOOD," from September 15, 2007, I don't think it's fair to lower the ratings of a recipe because of expensive ingredients. We have the resp..." See moreonsibility to make that evaluation ahead of time and choose accordingly, not penalize the chef for offering us a gourmet recipe. "
"This was wonderful. I did not add the green pepper to the stuffing. I used regualr mushrooms also I added some cheese to the cream sauce. next time I will add some white wine as well...." See more"
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Pecan Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Cream Cheese and Broccoli
Just swipe to see more like this.