Herbed Sweet 'n' Sour Chicken108 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“An interesting variation of the normal sweet and sour chicken.” - by Heather
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix rice and water in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, until rice is tender.
- In a medium bowl, blend the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, and vinegar. Mix in the thyme, paprika, cayenne pepper, allspice, and black pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in a medium baking dish, and coat with the olive oil mixture.
- Place chicken in the preheated oven, and, basting occasionally with the olive oil mixture, cook 30 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear. Serve over the rice with remaining olive oil mixture.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 537 cal
- 22.2 g
- 53.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (108)Rate This Recipe
"This was SO good, my family LOVED it. I made only slight modifications. I didn't have enough honey, so I used 2Tbs, and substituted Pineapple juice for the rest. I also left out the cyenne pepper b..." See moreecause it would make it too spicy. The only thing I recommend is to marinade for a few hours, maybe even over night, to soften all the herbs. I also added chunks of pineapple, which gave it a nice added flavor."
"My husband loved this! I dipped the chicken in flour and browned them before putting them in the oven, which I think added to the appeal...." See more"
"Quick and delicious! Reduced the oil to 1 tablespoon and replaced the other 5 with pineapple juice. Thanks to other reviewers' recommendations, I added pineapple pieces (wonderful addition!) and mar..." See moreinated the breasts for about 5 hours. Because I had so little oil in the marinade I was extra careful not to overcook the chicken and basted often. Rave reviews from family!"
Sweet and Sour Chicken I
Chicken With Sweet and Sour Fig Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.