Cinnamon and Lime Chicken Fajitas130 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Spicy, addictive, easy to make - you can't stop eating these! The potato puts it over the top! Well worth the time. Serve with salsa, cheese, cilantro, and sour cream. Great with beans and rice!” - by LYSSYLOO
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place potatoes in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle with about 1/2 the oil, and season with salt. Bake 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until tender.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Arrange in a separate baking dish, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Cool and shred.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute onion and garlic until tender. Mix in shredded chicken, jalapeno, and lime juice. Cook until heated through.
- Serve the chicken and potatoes in warmed tortillas.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 395 cal
- 12.9 g
- 49.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (130)Rate This Recipe
"I have to agree with the others on this one. It was tasty, but needed a little zip. I heeded the adviec of others and made these changes which made the recipe even better. I cut the recipe in half so ..." See morenote accordingly. I cubed the chicken and tossed with the cinnamon and cooked for less time, about 15 min. I used a half of a jalapeno, a whole garlic clove, i added cayenne to the potatoes before going in the oven, the whole lime, a bell pepper with the onions, olive oil in stead of canola, and lots of cilantro right near the end. the potatoes needed a little non-stick as well, but otherwise, different, and really a nice meal."
"This is my recipe...submitted long ago and never realized it got published...looked at the original recipe and realized the reason many say the chix is dry is that they published the cooking temp for ..." See morethe potato not the chix...lower the oven temp for the chix...or lower the cook time. So honored it got published and enjoyed...guess I should make it again:)"
"yay! i didn't change much in this recipe, but I did use sweet potato instead of regular potato, cuz it's better for you tastes better too, IMO. My husband said it was one of the best dinners I've eve..." See morer made.... and we've been together 12 years so that's a lot of dinners! I served it with some NO FAT sour cream, which was a good call because it would have been too dry without being able to dip it into some cream, but that said, it was way yummy and i'll def make it again. And it's not bad for you either, so it gets all five stars. Thanks!"
Restaurant-Style Tequila Lime Chicken
Zesty Creamy Chicken Fajitas
Just swipe to see more like this.