Maple Syrup Korean Teriyaki Chicken28 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 3 hr 15 min
“Here is a great Korean Teriyaki recipe that is made with maple syrup instead of sugar. For a vegetarian version, use Chinese extra firm tofu.” - by SUTOK
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Mix the soy sauce, 1 cup water, maple syrup, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Set aside 1/3 cup of the mixture. Place the chicken in the bag, seal, and marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Place the rice in a saucepan with 2 cups water, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven broiler. Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Pour marinade from the bag into a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Mix in the cornstarch, and cook and stir until thickened.
- Place chicken in the prepared baking dish. Basting frequently with the reserved 1/3 cup marinade, broil 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear. Place chicken over the cooked rice, and top with boiled marinade to serve.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 388 cal
- 11.9 g
- 41.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (28)Rate This Recipe
"We really enjoyed it! Instead of broiling, we put both chicken and marinated in a skillet and then let the sauce simmer. It made less sauce overall but the chicken was tender with flavor. Very good! W..." See moree served with sushi, brown rice and mixed vegetables."
"Perfect! By far the best chicken teriyaki I've tasted. Don't get rid of the ginger - I used 2T ginger paste, and it wasn't over-powering at all. You'll want to make a lot, because this chicken disappe..." See morears fast. The sauce was so good we saved the leftovers to eat with rice once the chicken was gone."
"My husband and I just finished having this for dinner and we loved it! I followed the recipe except for adding steamed broccoli and carrots into the sauce right before serving. We also served wasabi m..." See moreashed potatoes on the side which was a fantastic complement. (The husband is still wandering around the kitchen nibbling on leftovers)."
Chicken and Mushroom Saute
Easy and Delicious Chicken and Rice Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.