Fish Wellington8 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Delicious fish alternative to Beef Wellington. Cod, mushrooms, and smoked salmon pate wrapped in puff pastry. Makes a lovely meal with new potatoes and salad.” - by BETHHOCKLEY
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Slice cod fillet in half horizontally to yield 2 thin slices; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in onion and mushrooms, and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, blend the pate and cream. Mix in onions and mushrooms.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to make 12x14 inch rectangle. Place 1 slice of the cod fillet in the center of the rectangle. Spread with 1/2 the pate mixture and layer with the other piece of fillet. Spread remaining pate mixture on top. Fold pastry edges over the filling towards the center, and seal with egg. Brush pastry on all sides with egg.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 602 cal
- 40.6 g
- 30.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"I tried this the other night, and it came pretty good but not at all the way it was intended. First of all, I don't think the author of this recipe could have possibly meant 1 sheet of puff pastry. ..." See moreI use Pepperidge Farm puff pastry and one sheet of that will NOT roll out that much. Maybe pie crust or phyllo? My pate-mushroom mixture just went all wet, so I don't think rolling it up like a wellington would have been so successful anyway. I wound up putting the fish in a 11x7 pan, topping it with the pate-mushroom mix and the puff pastry on top of that. It tasted great, and even reheated well, but it was a fussy recipe for what you wind up with IMHO. I probably won't make it again for that reason."
"this recipe is great the flavour is really good. I've seen the other reveiw and the problen she had was not cooking all the liquid out of the mushrooms enough is all..." See more"
Utokia's Pecan Coconut Crusted Fish
Just swipe to see more like this.