Mom's Delicious Oyster Corn Bread Dressing15 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A sure thing! Mom gave me directions to this recipe over the phone. Fast and easy; you and others will be pleasantly surprised and delighted at the wonderful taste!” - by Jessica
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Place sweet potato in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain, mash, and set aside.
- Prepare dry corn bread mix according to package directions. Crumble, and set aside.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside.
- Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat, and stir in celery, green onions, onion, and parsley. Cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Return cooked sausage to skillet, and mix in oysters and their reserved liquid. Allow oysters to cook about 5 minutes before stirring in crumbled cornbread and mashed sweet potato.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 375 cal
- 22.7 g
- 31.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"I was a little leery in trying a recipe that only one person had rated so far, but I took my chance. This is also the first time I made stuffing that was not Stove Top, not to mention that I did it f..." See moreor an Easter party. EVERYONE like it and took some home with them. I did use just 1/2 an onion. My husband said this is a keeper."
"Although, the flavor of this dish was lovely, it was a little drier than I would have liked. I recommend adding some chicken stock or butter to make it a little more moist...." See more"
"This stuffing is so good! It smells so yummy when I'm cooking it that I can hardly wait to start eating it! I made it for my in-laws for Thanksgiving and they loved it (even the ones that don't care..." See more for oysters). I've made this a couple times and I find that using a cornbread mix that is not too sweet tastes better. I also chopped up the oysters into small pieces before cooking them in. Hands down, the best tasting stuffing I've ever had!"
Grandma's Corn Bread Dressing
Quickest Oyster Dressing EVER!
Just swipe to see more like this.