Sausage Dressing11 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“This is my Grandmom's recipe - she taught me when I was small how to make it. I guess that makes it a family recipe, although I have changed it a little to fit my style of cooking. You may decide to change something or leave it. Enjoy!!! Has cranberries and nuts in it too!” - by CJ Hamilton
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place cranberries in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook just until skins pop. Drain, and cool.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium baking dish, mix cranberries, sausage, bread cubes, dry bread crumbs, onion, and garlic. Season with parsley, oregano, sage, thyme, celery seed, ground ginger, salt, and pepper. Stir in chicken broth to desired consistency. Mix in walnuts and orange.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until surface is crisp and lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 351 cal
- 23.6 g
- 24.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"First time ever making stuffing and this recipe was great. I did change some stuff. You have to add celery.(Do not put celery seed in.) Make sure that you saute the onions and celery. I did not put wa..." See morelnuts or the orange in. I also put 6 squares of butter on top when it went in the oven. Cook time was about 30-35 min. You have to try it!!!!!!!"
"I found this recipe because I had some fresh cranberries to use up. I made it to serve with some baked chicken breasts. I did a couple things differently. I used turkey italian sausage and drained ..." See morethat then in the same pan softened the onions and garlic and added some celery (sorry just not dressing to me without it). I don't think the onion, garlic and celery would of been soft enough for me just cooked in the oven for the 25 min. and nothing turns me off more than the crunch of raw onion in something like this. I left out the celery seed, used pecans in lieu of walnuts and only added some orange zest. This is great and went well with my chicken. "
Sausage and Cornbread Dressing
Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing
Just swipe to see more like this.